IDW Publishing, in the creative press release below, has announced that Paul Cornell and Ryan Kelly’s Hugo-nominated Saucer Country will be returning for a new series in Spring of 2017, called Saucer State, along with a special edition release of the first series, The Complete Saucer Country.
Paul Cornell said, “I’m hugely delighted that Saucer Country lives again! I’m even more delighted that Ryan Kelly is once again drawing it. And my delight overflows that it’s at such a good home as IDW.”
Official press release:
In Cooperation With
The International UFO Bureau
2765 TRUXTUN RD.
SAN DIEGO, CA 92106
CONTACT: STEVEN SCOTT
1. NAME SAUCER STATE PLACE OF EMPLOYMENT IDW
CREATORS PAUL CORNELL (w) • RYAN KELLY (a)
TIMING JUNE 2017
2. DATE OF ANNOUNCEMENT FRIDAY, JULY 22, 2016
3. LOCALITY OF OBSERVATION SDCC 2016 IDW PUBLISHING PANEL
4. HOW LONG DID THE PREVIOUS SIGHTING LAST?
SAUCER COUNTRY, created by Cornell and Kelly, was published by DC/Vertigo and ran for 14 issues. The series has found a new home at IDW PUBLISHING and will return in 2017 with the all-new SAUCER STATE.
5. PLEASE DESCRIBE THE MOST RECENT SAUCER SIGHTING.
SAUCER COUNTRY told the story of Mexican-American Arcadia Alvarado, the former Governor of New Mexico, has been elected President of the United States… and brings with her a veritable closet filled with bizarre skeletons. As Governor, she dealt with immigration, budget cuts and an alcoholic ex. Oh… and she claims to have been “abducted by aliens.” The nightmarish encounter has left her with terrible, half-glimpsed memories and now as President, she’s determined to use her new political powers to expose the truth—and maybe, to save the world.
6. HOW DOES THIS MOST RECENT SIGHTING MAKE YOU FEEL?
PAUL CORNELL, WRITER/CO-CREATOR: “I’m hugely delighted that Saucer Country lives again! I’m even more delighted that Ryan Kelly is once again drawing it. And my delight overflows that it’s at such a good home as IDW.”
7. HAS THIS SIGHTING BEEN NOTICED BY ANY MEDIA OUTLETS?
SAUCER COUNTRY was nominated for a Hugo Award in 2013.
8. WHAT COMMENTS, IF ANY, DID GOVERNMENT OFFICIALS MAKE IN REGARDS TO THIS SIGHTING?
TOM WALTZ, EDITOR: “Anyone who knows Chris Ryall and me, knows we are UFO aficionados to the Nth-degree. When we found out Saucer Country was available, we both started plotting diligently to get it at IDW. And now, as Saucer State, our plans have come true and I couldn’t be more ecstatic to soon be a part of a series I’ve been such a huge fan of it from the first mind-blowing issue!”
9. PLEASE DESCRIBE THE OBJECT(S) IN DETAIL. FOR INSTANCE, DID IT (THEY) APPEAR SOLID, OR ONLY AS A SOURCE OF LIGHT; WAS IT REVOLVING, ETC.? PLEASE USE ADDITIONAL SHEETS OF PAPER, IF NECESSARY.
RYAN KELLY, ARTIST/CO-CREATOR:
10. WHAT EXPECTED FOLLOW-UP WILL YOU TAKE?
IDW will release THE COMPLETE SAUCER COUNTRY, a collection of the entire previous series, in a special edition to coincide with the release of SAUCER STATE #1 in Spring 2017.
11. TELL THE APPARENT LENGTH OF THE OBJECT(S):
SAUCER STATE will be an ongoing series.
12. WE WOULD LIKE PERMISSION TO QUOTE YOUR NAME IN CONNECTION WITH THIS INCIDENT. THIS ACTION WILL ENCOURAGE RESPONSIBLE CITIZENS TO PREORDER SAUCER STATE UPON ITS SOLICITATION. THANK YOU FOR YOUR COOPERATION.